Without doubt the podcast of the month for April goes to For Immediate Release which I usually have problems keeping up with (it’s released twice a week, one hour each), but the content for April was excellent and I found myself listening to it first among my podcasts.
- #336 highlights: Using Twitter/Friendfeed differently for business, conducting proper blogger outreach
- #337 highlights: Facebook tools that can really help you
- Live call in show #5 highlights: How should companies reach out in social media without offending the people in it? Great analogy of standing at a party table and interjecting about insurance while they’re talking about something else.
- #338 highlights: Kami Hyuse Seaworld case study and talk of the virtual internet
- #339 highlights: Dan York & Sallie Goetsch take over. Lots of Twitter news and I have a comment left via Twitter!
I have to say, hands down, if you’re doing anything in the digital/social media space, you need to be listening to this podcast.
Other notable listens this month:
- Inside PR #106 – Live episode with a great question “Who owns the social media space?”
- Managing the Gray – Manic Mummies episode, great case study on GM and how to do sponsorship in social media.
- Marketing Over Coffee – “Captcha and Turk“, lots of stuff on startups as well as a whole slew of WordPress plugins I never knew about.
- Shill #6 meandered a little this month, but still a worthwhile discussion about whether there’s any value in re-posting news.
- Six Pixels Of Separation #98 (interview with Collin Douma), #99 (very interesting, almost counter-intuitive information regarding online reviews) and #100 (long conversation between Mitch, Brian Eisenberg and Avinash Kaushik).
Did you listen to any of these podcasts? Are you listening to different podcasts? I’m always on the lookout for great social media related podcasts, recommendations always welcome.
Tags: avinash kaushik, blogger outreach, brian eisenberg, collin douma, facebook, for immediate release, friendfeed, inside pr, managing the gray, marketing over coffee, podcast of the month, podcasts worth listening to, reaching out in social media, shill, six pixels of separation, social media podcasts, twitter